Tuesday 17 November 2015

One More Thing

It seems that as I get close to having one allergy or sensitivity under control, something else pops up. It's  always "one more thing". Proponents of clean eating and the paleo lifestyle suggest that this is due to the preponderance of chemical additives in our modern diet. I don't  know. Maybe that is the case.

Each time I think I have found a suitable gluten-free substitute for a food I used to eat -- and now cannot eat -- it seems like there is still something wrong with it. Like bread. Most gluten-free breads are long on corn starch and short on nutrients. I found a nice brown whole grain bread at Costco.  I don't usually eat a lot of bread but toast is nice now and then. A few days after I got the new bread I found I was suffering from nausea and indigestion. It took a while to figure out what it might be -- symptoms were kinda flu-like -- and by the time I solved the problem I had a major digestive disturbance. Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment